Monday 18 July 2011

South Lakes Zoo

Last Saturday me and my family visited South Lakes Zoo.
Its such a fantastic day out for any age and especially animal lovers! I went for the first time in September last year for Chris' birthday, we had such a good time and was an amazing experience. I think its quite cheap (12.50p for an adult) saying you have a full day to wander around. Nearly every hour you can go and listen to a talk about the specific animal then watch it feed and even sometimes you can feed them yourself! We fed the kangroos, wallabies, emus, lemurs and giraffes! 

This is without a zoom on the camera! They were really this close!

I learnt that day that Giraffes are very placid animals, the reason there eyes are so big and black is because they have in built sunglasses because of the sun (makes sense!) and that they hardly ever sleep! They have like max 10 mins a day!

I was gutted last time I went because I missed the Sloths! I asked the woman where the sloths were but because they were asleep I could hardly see them. The woman was so friendly and she opened door and woke one of them up so I could its face properly and later on I watched it climb over to get something to eat. There were 2 sloths and they were called Stella and Stanley! They were both on the opposite ends of the area and she said they very rarely see each other and briefly pass each other when on the ropes! Ha Ha! Its quite sad really. 
 
My favourite animals are definitley the monkeys! Just everything about them make me laugh! They are soooo cute. I loved the gibbons. I could actually sit and watch them all day. My dream job would be to work with them!
Anyways heres some other pictures from the day.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment